May 12, 2021
Summer 2021 Operations:
Levering Kitchens will be open Monday-Friday 11am-2pm and will continue to offer PDF Document: mobile ordering.
- May 17-21 Modified Stations: Grill, Wok & Grab and Go stations will be open.
- May 24-28 Modified Stations: Butterfly, Fresh, Toastee & Grab and Go stations will be open
- Starting June 1- August 27, all stations (Grill, Wok, Butterfly, Fresh, Toastee & the Grab and Go areas) at Levering will be open for the summer.
Levering Café will be open Monday-Friday for 8am-3pm
Both Levering Kitchen and Levering Cafe are closed for University holidays for Memorial Day on Monday, May 31 and Fourth of July on Monday, July 5.
For any questions, please reach out to us at Dining@jhu.edu.
May 5, 2021
Semester Closedown Schedule
Thursday, May 13
FFC closes after lunch at 2pm
Nolan’s open regular breakfast and lunch hours and has a modified dinner from 5-8pm
All other locations are normal Thursday operating hours.
Friday, May 14
Nolan’s will offer a continental breakfast 8-10am
Charles Street Market and Crepe Studio close at noon.
Levering Cafe closes at 3pm
Levering Kitchens normal operating hours and service.
All other locations are closed.
**Reminder that Dining Dollars expire at 3pm on Friday, May 14
Summer Levering Dining info coming soon check back here for details…
On Saturday and Sunday, May 8 & 9, Fresh Food Cafe and Nolan’s will both open their Express Lines early at 8am for those on-campus students with earlier weekend exams. Regular brunch service will begin at 10am during its normal operation. All other locations will operation on normal weekend hours.
Spring Break this year consists of one day breaks over the next 6 weeks, some dining locations will have modified or closed hours those days:
Spring Break Dates:
- Monday, March 22
- Tuesday, March 30
- Wednesday, April 14
- Thursday, April 22
- Friday, April 30
Location Schedule for Spring Break Days
Fresh Food Cafe and Nolan’s (as a reminder these locations are only open to residential meal plan students this semester)
Levering Kitchens and Levering Cafe
Charles Street Market
No modification-Regular Operation Schedule (7:30am-Midnight)
Spring Opening Updates
- Fresh Food Café (FFC), Nolan’s on 33rd, Levering Kitchens & Café, Charles Street Market (CSM).
- These locations will be in operation at the opening of the spring semester and we will evaluate opening our other locations as the semester and public health restrictions progress.
- Full details on location hours and offerings can be found here.
- Meal Plans will be available to on-campus residents only.
- There will not be indoor or outdoor seating offered in our initial opening phase. We will again offer de-densified seating as Baltimore City regulations allow.
- Overall occupancy will be controlled to safely allow for students to select food from stations at each location as well as safe queuing and employee work spaces.
- Our retail locations (Levering, CSM) will be accessible to the entire campus community while our residential locations (FFC and Nolan’s) will be restricted to only students on meal plans.
- Additional safety measures include additional shielding at all service points, elimination of self-service areas, contactless payment points and weekly testing for all dining staff.
- Designated, separate entrances and exits have changed at each location so please be aware of new signage and directions at each location.
- Expanded meal service at Nolan’s will now include breakfast and lunch on weekdays as well as brunch on weekends.
- Residential locations (FFC/Nolan’s) will close in-between meal periods to allow for a full breakdown and cleaning of service areas.
- We have maintained many of our stations in their traditional format and have identified new opportunities to change how we package food to allow for quicker and safer service to students.
- “Grab-and-Go” for us goes beyond pre-packaged foods as we will be serving our full complement of hot and made to order menu items, allergen and religious specific items and rotating favorites that our students will see across our locations throughout the spring.
- We have introduced a new PDF Document: mobile ordering application to allow for students to order food ahead, pay via the app and pick their food up from either Levering Kitchens or Charles Street Market in a quick and contactless method.