Enroll Your Child
Please note as of January 2022, all children must have received both COVID-19 vaccine shots in order to participate in Tutorial Project.
Why Should You Enroll Your Child?
Thank you for your interest in the Johns Hopkins Tutorial Project! Since its founding in 1958, the Tutorial Project has helped more than 5,000 elementary school children (grades 1-5) gain vital skills and work towards grade-level academics.
Tutorial Project seeks to provide a warm, supportive environment for elementary school children in need of academic tutoring. This is through:
- the opportunity to work one-on-one with a trained, caring tutor
- individualized instruction based on current assessments
- a child-centered, yet structured atmosphere
- opportunities for tutors to get to know their children and incorporate their interests into the tutoring lessons
- a variety of educational materials and resources that appeal to children
The one-on-one nature of the program and the resulting undivided attention that the children receive ensure that they come away with a greater sense of their own abilities, a renewed interest in learning and doing well in school, and the knowledge that they are capable, talented, and can succeed.
I was extremely happy to get my daughter involved in the Tutorial Project because the one-on-one tutoring helped her academically. She also became a lot more confident with her math and was enjoying every step of the learning process because of her great tutor. Since the program is on a college campus, it shows the kids that they can excel towards something and be comfortable in a higher education learning environment.
– Dia Lynch, Parent
Dates and Times
All tutors and children meet twice a week on:
- Mondays AND Wednesdays (4:30 p.m. – 6 p.m.) or
- Tuesdays AND Thursdays (4:30 p.m. – 6 p.m.)
Limited bus transportation is available. If your child does not attend a school we pick up from you will be responsible for transportation to and from Hopkins.
Application – Enroll Your Child Today!
Applications for Tutorial Project will open soon. Check back here again.
Applications will be placed on a waitlist. Parents will be contacted as space becomes available.