Center for Social Concern
Center for Social Concern
The Center for Social Concern is an office within the Homewood Student Affairs division of Johns Hopkins University that is dedicated to volunteerism and community engagement. The Center emphasizes the value of service with others. Volunteers and community members enter into an educational process where both benefit from the interaction, and reciprocal learning is the common ground for all of our initiatives. Our programs and efforts are striving to create a “better community” in and around the Johns Hopkins campus. Read more below about how to get involved.
STUDENT DEADLINES AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Breaking in Baltimore winter intersession courses open December 4th. Earn 2 credits. Learn more!
- Attend the 2019 IMPACT CONFERENCE (Feb. 21-24, 2019). Application deadline is December 12th. Check it out!
- Apply to the Community Impact Internships Program. Application deadline is December 23rd. Apply today!
Walk-In Office Hours at Brody Café
Stop by and chat with us at Brody! Appointments are not necessary. This is a perfect time to get your questions answered or just learn more about how to get involved with the CSC.
Fall 2018 (September 10–December 7)
|Monday||12–1 p.m. (Student Intern: Celine Shanosky)|
|Tuesday||1–3 p.m. (CSC Staff: Caroline Ouwerkerk)|
|Wednesday||8:30–9:30 a.m. (Student Intern: Nicole Duran) |
1–3 p.m. (CSC Staff: Nairuti Shastry)
|Thursday||11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. (Student Intern: Nomo Dorjsuren) |
4–5 p.m. (Student Intern: Della Xu)
|Friday||2:30–3:30 p.m. (Student Intern: Claire Zou)|
- If you are a new student to Hopkins, the CSC’s programs provide a perfect opportunity for you to learn about Baltimore and meet some new friends who have your same interests.
- If you are an upperclassman new to the CSC and looking for a new experience that will be fun and impactful, you’ve come to the right place.
- If you are already active at the CSC, help us spread the word and get students involved and working with you! Tell them about your experiences and which programs have impacted you the most.
- If you are a faculty member, consider teaching a Community-Based Learning course or joining the next Engaged Scholar Faculty and Community Fellows Program cohort.
Public Service & Social Concern Alumni Affinity Group
Attention students and alum! Want to stay connected to the CSC and community engaged alumni post-graduation? Graduating seniors and alumni can join the Public Service/Social Concern Alumni Affinity Group or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.