Be a student intern with LGBTQ Life!
LGBTQ Life is searching for a student intern for fall 2018! PDF Document: Read the full job description here.
The LGBTQ Life Intern is responsible for promoting LGBTQ Life and contributing to its programs. Programming responsibilities include leading small-scale programs, assisting with events, and collaborating with campus partners. Promotional tasks include designing and distributing materials in print and online, responding to inquiries, and connecting with other campus departments. The position also involves general office tasks and may involve secondary support for other projects within the Centers for Community, Diversity, and Inclusion. It will also require collaborating with other student interns.
This posting is for 8-10 hours a week for fall 2018. Pay is $10.10 an hour.
To apply: Submit a résumé and a cover letter outlining your interest in the position to email@example.com by Thursday, April 26.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Independently design, plan, and lead one program/project a semester.
- Lead and support events sponsored by LGBTQ Life and other groups, including LGBT History Month, National Coming Out Day, Transgender Remembrance Day, April Awareness Days, and Lavender Celebration.
- Lead and support events such as identity-specific meet-ups and Safe Zone trainings.
- Support programs led by other interns and campus leaders.
Communications and Promotion
- Design flyers, brochures, and other marketing materials.
- Contribute content for LGBTQ Life website and social media.
- Coordinate content for the weekly LGBTQnews email.
- Advertise events and services to various university populations through appropriate media.
LGBTQ Life Operations
- Staff LGBTQ Life office.
- Meet weekly with staff to discuss needs, programs, and professional development.
- Answer in-person, email, and phone inquiries regarding LGBTQ Life.
- Perform clerical tasks such as data entry, making copies, and assembling materials.
Other Duties as Assigned
Open and accepting attitude towards diverse populations and viewpoints, particularly the LGBTQ community. Must be a currently enrolled JHU Homewood undergraduate student in good standing; by applying, you authorize us to confirm this status. Demonstrated capability to multi-task, stay organized, pay attention to detail, stay motivated without constant supervision, and communicate clearly. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Experience with Microsoft Office suite, graphic design, web design, and/or editing strongly desired. Familiarity with LGBTQ Life and other campus resources necessary.
To apply: Submit a résumé and a cover letter outlining your interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.orgTags: job, LGBTQ Life, student intern