Be a student intern with LGBTQ Life!
LGBTQ Life is searching for student interns for spring 2021! Interns must be full-time Homewood undergraduate students in good standing.
The LGBTQ Life Intern is responsible for promoting LGBTQ Life and contributing to its programs. Programming responsibilities include leading small-scale programs, assisting with events, and collaborating with campus partners. Promotional tasks include designing and distributing materials, responding to inquiries, and connecting with other campus departments. The position also involves general office tasks and may involve secondary support for other projects with the Diversity and Inclusion team. It will also require collaborating with other student interns.
Work will be entirely remote for the spring 2021 semester. Schedule will be flexible but primarially during standard working hours in the eastern time zone.
This posting is for 8-10 hours a week for spring 2021. Pay is $11.75 an hour.
Please note that this position may change or be cancelled if university operations change due to COVID-19.
To apply: Submit a résumé and a cover letter outlining your interest in the position to email@example.com by Wednesday, January 6, 2021. We will schedule Zoom interviews the week of January 11.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Independently design, plan, and lead one program/project a semester.
- Lead and support events sponsored by LGBTQ Life and other groups, including National Coming Out Day, Transgender Day of Remembrance, World AIDS Day, Show Your Love, Transgender Day of Visibility, April Awareness Days, and Lavender Celebration.
- Lead and support events such as identity-specific meet-ups and Safe Zone trainings.
- Support programs led by other interns, students, and staff members.
Communications and Promotion
- Design flyers, brochures, and other marketing materials.
- Contribute content for LGBTQ Life website and social media.
- Coordinate content for the weekly LGBTQnews email.
- Host information tables at university events.
- Advertise events and services to various university populations through appropriate media.
LGBTQ Life Operations
- Meet weekly with interns and director to discuss needs, programs, and professional development.
- Host digital office hours to answer inquiries regarding LGBTQ Life.
- Perform clerical tasks including data entry.
Other Duties as Assigned
Open and accepting attitude towards diverse populations and viewpoints, particularly the LGBTQ community. Demonstrated capability to multi-task, stay organized, pay attention to detail, stay motivated without constant supervision, and communicate clearly. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Familiarity with LGBTQ Life and other campus resources necessary. Must be a currently enrolled JHU Homewood undergraduate student in good standing; by applying, you authorize us to confirm this status. Experience with Microsoft Office suite, graphic design, social media, writing, and/or editing strongly desired.
To apply: Submit a résumé and a cover letter outlining your interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.orgTags: job, LGBTQ Life, student intern