Leadership Weekend 2022 will be held Friday, February 25 from 3–7:30 p.m. ET and Saturday, February 26 from 9:30 a.m.–7:30 p.m. ET. The event, which is sponsored by the Leading Social Change Fund and hosted by Leadership Engagement and Experiential Development (LEED) in partnership with Student Conduct and the Center for Health Education and Well-Being (CHEW), seeks to:
- Engage 49 undergraduate students in leadership learning;
- Enhance participants’ leadership identity and leadership capacity; and
- Increase participants’ approach to leadership in the direction of purposeful, collaborative, and values-based process, that results in positive social change.
Leadership Weekend curriculum focuses on:
- Awareness and recognition of individual strengths and the ways they contribute to the leadership process;
- Acknowledgment and celebration of participants’ capacity to change systems and lead the change they wish to see in the world;
- Naming and understanding current leadership understanding and how to plan for continued learning and progress.
Our theme, Discover the Leader in You, seeks to inspire students to embark on a journey of self-discovery and to approach their development with courage and curiosity.
Student Participant Applications
Student participants must be available for the entire time frame on both Friday and Saturday. There are no exceptions.
How to apply
The deadline to apply to participate is Friday, January 21, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. local time.
Peer Navigator Applications
In addition to attending Leadership Weekend, Peer Navigators will have a training session on Sunday, February 20 from 12–4:30 p.m. ET. Peer Navigators must be available for all dates and time frames listed. There are no exceptions.
How to apply
The deadline to apply to be a peer navigator is Friday, January 21, 2022, at 11:59 p.m, local time.
Call for Programs
Staff, faculty, graduate students, and community members are invited to submit a proposal for general session workshops during Leadership Weekend 2022. Our theme, Discover the Leader in You, seeks to inspire students to embark on a journey of self-discovery and to approach their development with courage and curiosity. The planning committee is approaching this program from the framework of the Social Change Model and asks that your presentation connects to one of the three values (individual, group, or society). We ask that you keep these goals in mind as you develop your presentation.
How to apply
The deadline to submit a program proposal is Friday, January 21, 2022, at 11:59 p.m, local time.
If you have additional questions about Leadership Weekend, please contact the LEED office at firstname.lastname@example.org.