Classroom Scheduling & Reservations
General Pool Classrooms
The General Pool Classrooms (GPC) are an inventory of resources on the Homewood campus administered by the Office of the University Registrar (OUR). The classrooms primarily support the academic mission of the university – but also support student groups and events on campus. Scheduling priority is given to credit bearing courses and academic components associated with a course (such as exam times and review sessions), before department and student events. A list of the general pool classrooms and each room’s features can be found on a separate page on the Registrar’s website.
General pool classrooms are scheduled 8 am to 11 pm, 7 days a week.
Students wishing to reserve a GPC on campus for a meeting or an event must work with the Office of Scheduling & Event Services (S&ES), and the Office of Student Leadership & Involvement (Hopkins Groups).
- Request must be submitted at least 10 business days prior to the event
- Request must be approved by S&ES & Hopkins Groups to be scheduled
- Individual student request will not be approved
- Food and Beverages are not permitted in GPCs
- Items and equipment may not be stored overnight in rooms
- The OUR Scheduling Team does not arrange nor provide for any additional services related to events. All additional services should be requested through the providers (Custodial Services, A/V, etc.) directly.
- Scheduled events requiring AV technical support, custodial and/or security services may incur charges.
- Reservation requests are reviewed in chronological order as follows:
- First, by the date of the event and
- Second, by the date the request was received
Please note that space on campus is in high demand and one’s preferred room is not always available. If one’s preferred room is not available an alternate room will be reserved if available. While OUR will attempt to provide a space – please note that classrooms are not always available on the requested date and time.
Space in the GPCs is frequently at a premium, and there may also be times when demand is higher than usual. Large campus events can limit how much space is available for other events to take place – please consider having alternate dates and times your event can be held should it coincide with such an event.
Student groups which reserve space in the GPCs should remember that the expectation is that the rooms will be returned to their “class ready” state, meaning that:
- Furniture is set back in its proper place.
- All trash is removed and the space is left clean.
- No additional furniture should be added to a room – and no furniture should be removed from the room.
Any group who reserves a GPC is assuming responsibility for that space. Any damages may be charged to the group reserving the space. The Office of the University Registrar reserves the right to prohibit groups from reserving space in General Pool Classrooms for violation of these expectations.
Guidelines effective 05/17/21