Ordering an Official Transcript
To provide the best service possible and to maintain security of academic records, electronic and paper Official Transcripts can be ordered online through the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC), an authorized agent of Johns Hopkins. View current PDF Document: Transcript Guide for 2000/01 academic year to present.
- All orders require your signed consent
- Paper transcripts will be mailed standard post (this service is not currently available)
- Electronic transcripts will be sent through the NSC in PDF format via email and expire after 30 days.
- Order updates will be emailed to you, or you can check your order status on the NSC website
- NSC charges a service fee per transcript delivery. Additional service fees are applied for special delivery requests (see below).
- Any major credit card may be used to pay fees.
- Your card will only be charged after your transcript has been sent.
Read Out Loud is a Text-to-Speech (TTS) tool that is built into Adobe Reader. It reads text contained within a document window.
To use Read Out Loud, you need Adobe Reader and a Text-to-Speech engine installed on your system. Also the document must be accessible, otherwise it may not be read at all or it may be read in the wrong order.
To activate Read Out Loud:
- On the View menu, choose Read Out Loud > Activate Read Out Loud.
- Again go to View > Read Out Loud and then choose an appropriate option for reading.
- To read the current page, choose Read This Page Only.
- To read the entire document, choose Read To End of Document.
For additional assistance, please contact the National Student Clearinghouse of JHU SEAM.
Frequently Asked Questions
What situations that will prevent the office from issuing a transcript?
- No signed consent received with request.
- A serious academic and/or disciplinary matter that remains unresolved.
- Insufficient payment for special services.
How do I obtain a transcript from the former School of Professional Studies in Business and Education?
We no longer handle Carey Business School or School of Education transcripts. You must contact each school directly to obtain a transcript.
How do I order a transcript as a pre-college student at JHU?
If you are a Summer Programs student, including Engineering Innovations, you should choose the “undergraduate” transcript request under Arts & Sciences and Engineering.
For more information on transcripts, visit SEAM’s online formor call 410-516-8080.