Transcript requests are typically processed within 1-3 business days. Requests for multiple transcripts may require additional processing time. Standard delivery of transcripts is by U.S. first-class mail.
View current PDF Document: Transcript Guide for 2000/01 academic year to present.
Ordering a Transcript
To provide the best service possible and to maintain security of academic records, transcripts may be ordered in the following ways:
Official Electronic Transcripts must be ordered online through the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Your transcript will be sent securely through the NSC (a secure electronic alternative to the traditional paper transcript) in PDF format via email.
- NSC charges a $4 service fee per electronic transcript delivery. Any major credit card may be used.
- Order updates will be emailed to you, or you can check your order status on the NSC website.
- IMPORTANT: Your signed consent is required to fulfill your transcript order. Follow the NSC directions to submit your electronic signature.
Note: Electronic transcripts sent to the recipient are considered official upon delivery, but become unofficial if passed on to another recipient. The retrieval link will expire after 30 days.
AMCAS and LSAC Applicants: The AAMC’s American Medical College Application Service® (AMCAS®) and the Law School Admission Council now accept electronic transcripts from approved senders. Johns Hopkins University is an approved sender.
There are three ways to order an official paper transcript:
Paper transcripts can be ordered online through National Student Clearinghouse.
- The National Student Clearing house charges a $2.25 service fee per paper transcript delivery.
- Any major credit card may be used to pay the NSC fee. Your card will only be charged after your transcript has been sent.
- Order updates will be emailed to you. You can also check order status or history online.
Important: Your signed consent is required to fulfill your transcript order. Follow the National Student Clearinghouse directions to submit your consent form.
A form can be obtained at the Office of the Registrar in the lower level of Garland Hall. If you wish to pick up in-person, you will be notified once your transcript is ready. There is no charge for the first copy per business week. Each additional copy is $5. J-Cash, credit card, check, or money order made out to Johns Hopkins University will be accepted for payment in-person.
Complete the PDF Document: Transcript Order Form and mail with a copy of photo ID to:
Johns Hopkins University
Registrar’s Office – Transcripts
75 Garland Hall
3400 N. Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21218
There is no charge for the first copy using standard US mail service per business week. Each additional copy is $5. Credit card, check, or money order made out to Johns Hopkins University will be accepted for payment via mail. We cannot accept requests for transcripts by phone.
Special Delivery Service Fees
- Next-day rush service: $25 per transcript request, processed and mailed the next business day by First Class mail, if request is received by 3 p.m. EST.
- Federal Express (Next Day Domestic Delivery): Additional fee of $18.
- International Express: Additional $30.
Frequently Asked Questions
- No signature on form or no copy of photo ID included with request.
- Acceptable forms of ID include: copy of driver’s license, passport, or school ID.
- Financial hold or outstanding obligations to Student Accounts or Student Loans.
- A serious academic and/or disciplinary matter that remains unresolved.
- Insufficient payment for special services.
If you are a Summer University student, including Engineering Innovations, you should choose the “undergraduate” transcript request under Arts & Sciences and Engineering.
For more information on transcripts, contact ASENverify@jhu.edu or call 410-516-8080.