NOTICE: The Office of the University Registrar has temporarily suspended in-person services. Unofficial transcripts are available to current students online through SIS self-service. Requests for official transcripts must be submitted online through the National Student Clearinghouse at getmytranscript.com. ONLY ELECTRONIC TRANSCRIPTS CAN BE ISSUED AT THIS TIME. Paper requests will be held for processing once the office is reopen for business as usual.
Please expect a delay in processing during these times. For questions or concerns please use our contact form.
View current PDF Document: Transcript Guide for 2000/01 academic year to present.
Ordering a Transcript
To provide the best service possible and to maintain security of academic records, electronic and paper Official Transcripts can be ordered online through the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC), an authorized agent of Johns Hopkins.
- Paper transcripts will be mailed via U.S. regular mail in a secure, sealed envelope.
- Electronic transcripts will be sent through the NSC (a secure digital alternative to the traditional paper transcript) in PDF format via email.
- Order updates will be emailed to you, or you can check your order status on the NSC website
- NSC charges a service fee per transcript delivery. Additional service fees are applied for special delivery requests (see below).
- Any major credit card may be used to pay fees.
- Your card will only be charged after your transcript has been sent.
Important: Your signed consent is required to fulfill your transcript order. Follow the National Student Clearinghouse directions to submit your consent form.
Note: Electronic transcripts sent to the recipient are considered official upon delivery, but become unofficial if passed on to another recipient or printed. The retrieval link will expire after 30 days.
AMCAS and LSAC Applicants: The AAMC’s American Medical College Application Service® (AMCAS®) and the Law School Admission Council now accept electronic transcripts from approved senders. Johns Hopkins University is an approved sender.
Special Delivery Service Fees
- Next-day rush service: $25 per transcript request, processed and mailed the next business day by First Class mail, if request is received by 3 p.m. EST.
- Federal Express (Next Day Domestic Delivery): Additional fee of $18.
- International Express: Additional fee of $30.
Frequently Asked Questions
- No signed consent received with request.
- Financial hold or outstanding obligations to Student Accounts or Student Loans.
- A serious academic and/or disciplinary matter that remains unresolved.
- Insufficient payment for special services.
If you are a Summer Programs student, including Engineering Innovations, you should choose the “undergraduate” transcript request under Arts & Sciences and Engineering.
For more information on transcripts, use our contact form or call 410-516-8080.