Waitlisting a Class
When you waitlist for a section, you will see your position on the waitlist under “Registration” and then “My Waitlist Classes”. You will remain on the waitlist unless you click the link “Remove From Waitlist” to take yourself off the list.
- You can only waitlist for 3 classes.
- You can only waitlist for one section of a class.
- The total number of waitlist courses is 3 per student at any time.
- Plan carefully if you intend to waitlist for courses in both Summer 2016 and Fall 2016.
Remember to check your email frequently! When a seat becomes available in a class, if you are the first person on the waitlist an email will be sent to your Hopkins email address by the next morning alerting you that you have 2 days to act (this changes to 1 day to act once classes start). Emails are sent Monday through Friday. This gives you time to resolve any conflicts while offices on campus are open, and enroll in the class. If there is a waitlist for a class, seats available between Saturday and Sunday will be held for students on the waitlist. Emails will be sent out starting on Monday to the corresponding number of students on the waitlist.
You will see three choices: “Enroll Now!”, “Remove From Waitlist” and “Conditional Add/Drop”.
- Clicking “Enroll Now!” will take you through the regular enrollment process.
- Clicking “Remove From Waitlist” will remove your option to add the course.
- Clicking “Conditional Add/Drop” will take you to select a class to drop and allow you to add the waitlisted course.
You will see two choices: “Continue Conditional Add/Drop” and “Remove From Waitlist”.
- Clicking “Continue Conditional Add/Drop” will take you to select your first class choice to drop or to select another class to drop. Dropping a course will allow you to add the waitlisted course.
- Clicking the link “Remove From Waitlist” will remove your option to add the course.
If you do not take any step to add or remove the waitlisted course within 2 days of notification (1 day once classes start), you will receive another email that the waitlist hold has “timed out” and your space will be forfeited to the next waitlisted student. If you want to get back onto the waitlist, you can go to SIS, “Search for Classes” or “My Cart” under “Registration”. Waitlisting the course will put you at the end of the current waitlist. If your position has timed out, the Office of the Registrar is unable to reinstate your original position.