Fitness & Weight Rooms
The fitness room is a 3,400-square-foot space featuring panoramic windows and the following equipment:
- LifeFitness & Woodway treadmills
- Precor, Cybex, & LifeFitness elliptical cross-trainers
- Stairmaster StepMill
- LifeFitness upright & recumbent bikes
- Keiser spin bikes
- Concept II rowing ergometers
- A complete circuit of strength training equipment by LifeFitness
- Light free weights & benches
The weight room is a 3,200-square-foot space and contains the following equipment:
- Precor half racks with lifting platforms & bumper plates
- Hammer Strength iso-lateral selectorized machines
- Olympic benches and a variety of free weight benches
- Free weights, fixed bars & kettlebells
- Functional training accessories like medicine balls, battle ropes, plyo boxes, BOSUs, and balance disks
The CT8 Tuff Stuff functional training system—we call it the Jungle Gym—allows individuals and groups to perform functional training utilizing monkey bars, pull-up bars, gymnast rings, an adjustable step, a rebounder, and TRX suspension trainers. Group personal training and our JHUCrossFit classes also use the Jungle Gym. Participation in group fitness classes is available with the purchase of a class pass.
Did You Know?
- The least congested times to use the two rooms are between 9–11:30 a.m. and 1:30–4 p.m. on weekdays. The busiest time is after 5 p.m.!
- The Recreation Center loses hundreds of towels every year. Out of respect to other users and your membership fees, please return the towels to the bins when finished. Our hand towels exist solely on a borrowed honor system as a service to our users.
- The Recreation Center is a scale-free environment!
- The fitness room and weight room are regularly staffed during our busiest times in the evenings and on weekends.
Fitness & Weight Room Policies
Rules are made to be broken right? Not in this case! The following policies have been put in place for your safety and the care of our equipment while using the fitness and weight rooms. Please adhere to the following:
- Shirts and athletic shoes are required.
- Jeans or pants (such as cargo pants) with exposed zippers and/or rivits are not permitted. Open-toed shoes, or slip-on shoes without a heel strap are not permitted. Males and females must wear shirts.
- Spotters are recommended for any free weight exercises performed over the head, face, or chest.
- Clips/collars are required on bars.
- Please re-rack your free weights, bars, and plates.
- Wipe off equipment after each use. Disinfectant spray and towels are available for use.
- Please comply with staff instructions.
- There is a 30-minute time limit on all cardiovascular equipment when there is a wait.
- Equipment may not be removed from the room.
- Please notify a staff member immediately if you notice an issue that requires maintenance or immediate attention.
- Only Recreation Center Personal Fitness Trainers may conduct training sessions in the facility.
- Please contact a staff member if you require extra assistance because of a disability.
Failure to comply with Recreation Center policies may result in cancellation of membership or barred status from the building.