Ralph S. O’Connor Recreation Center
Ralph S. O’Connor Recreation Center
Coming Soon/Program Updates:
Follow Me to the Rec App
- Facility Access: Reserve and Cancel Workout Time Slots
- Live Facility Counts
- Digital ID: barcode scanning for contactless entry if you forget your JHU ID
- Sign-up for push notifications (facility and class cancelations, program announcements, etc.)
- Group Fitness Class Registration
Virtual Group Fitness Classes
The Ralph S. O’Connor Recreation Center is hosting free virtual group fitness classes. Please check out the group fitness class schedule for more information.
COVID-19 Facility Closures and Updates
- We are currently preparing for reopening the Rec facilities in the first weeks of February. Please check out are Rec FAQs page to find out more about our new policies and procedures.
- All Recreation Facilities and Fields will be closed until further notice.
- Please consult the University Website for resources and the most up to date information.
- All Climbing Facilities will be closed until further notice.
- All In-Person Fitness Classes are canceled until further notice.
- All Intramural and Club Sports are canceled until further notice.
- All Experiential Education in person activities are canceled until further notice.
Ralph S. O’Connor Center for Recreation and Well-Being Project Information
- For more information on the Recreation and Well-Being Project please visit the Facilities and Real Estate website.
Current Facility Closures and Changes for Expansion
- Robert Scott Court 1: Effective Monday, February 24, 2020 Court 1 will be closed indefinitely for the construction project.
- Indoor Track: Effective, Monday, March 2, the east end of the track will be closed as part of the construction process. This closure is anticipated to last for two weeks. The remainder of the track will be available.
- Racquetball and Squash Courts: Effective Monday, January 27, 2020, one court is open when not in use for programming. Please see the Interactive Facility Schedule for open times.
Our Commitment to Hopkins Well-being
Health, wellness, fitness, and community — these are the guiding principles of the programs offered through the Ralph S. O’Connor Recreation Center. Our staff is here to engage you in experiences to improve your well-being, ranging from yoga classes to help build inner strength and reduce stress to exciting outdoor trips and courses that encourage and develop leadership, teamwork, environmental stewardship, character development, and transferable life skills.
Whether it’s quenching your thirst for competition or providing an opportunity to build friendships with others who love the game, we offer extensive club and intramural programs year-round. Looking to improve your fitness level or struggling to navigate your personal workout routine? Consider our fitness programs, including our personal training or group fitness classes as a fun and social change of pace.
Explore our website or visit us on the Homewood campus to learn about the myriad offerings available. We look forward to becoming a vital part of your Johns Hopkins experience!
News & Announcements
Bottom line: nature is beautiful
When a lot of students think about relaxing, they think about a fluffy bed where they can watch hours of Netflix, eat their favorite foods, and prepare for a solid nap in the near future. While my roommate can vouch that this is exactly what I do on a Friday
Rec Center reimagined with $27M expansion
The renovation of the O’Connor Center for Recreation and Well-Being includes new spaces for strength and cardio workouts, group activities, and student well-being. Read more about the project in the Hub…
Suddenly I Love Working Out?
STUDENT TESTIMONIAL: Discovering this [F45] workout at our very own Rec Center was not only the best thing I’ve done for my physical health this year, but also one of the best things I’ve done for my mental health.
Training, Certification & Continuing Education
The Rec serves many functions for students on the Homewood campus. It is a source of self-care and stress-relief, a hangout spot with friends, and a place of work for many.