Ralph S. O’Connor Recreation Center
Ralph S. O’Connor Recreation Center
Changes to Hours of Operation
- Saturday, November 9th – Saturday, November 16th: The Climbing Wall will be closed to set for the Top Rope Comp on November 17th
- Saturday, November 23rd- Sunday, December 1st: The Climbing Wall and Bouldering Cave will be Closed for Thanksgiving Break
- Thursday, November 21st: No Kayaking Clinic
- Saturday, November 23rd- Wednesday, November 27th: The Recreation Center will be on Thanksgiving Break schedule
- Saturday, November 23rd: 8:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.
- Sunday, November 24th: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Monday, November 25th: 6:00 a.m.- 8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 26th: 6:00 a.m.- 8:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 27th: 6:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday, November 28th- Sunday, December 1st: The entire Rec Center facility will be closed
- Monday, December 16th- Friday, December 20th closing at 10:00 p.m.: The entire Recreation Center will close early due to finals
- Saturday, December 21st- Monday, December 23rd: The Recreation Center will be on Winter Break Hours
- Saturday, December 21st: 8:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m
- Sunday, December 22nd: 10:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.
- Monday, December 23rd: 6:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 24th- Thursday, January 1st: The Recreation Center will be closed due to Winter Break
- Thursday, January 2nd- Sunday, January 5th: The Recreation Center building hours will be on Winter Break Schedule
- Thursday, January 2nd 6:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.
- Friday, January 3rd 6:00 a.m. -6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, January 4th 12:00 p.m.- 6:00 p.m.
- Sunday, January 5th 12:00 p.m.- 6:00 p.m.
- Monday, January 6th- Saturday, January 26th: The Recreation Center will be on Intersession Hours
- Monday- Friday: 6:00 a.m.- 10:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 8:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 10:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.
Our Commitment to Hopkins Well-being
Health, wellness, fitness, and community — these are the guiding principles of the programs offered through the Ralph S. O’Connor Recreation Center. Our staff is here to engage you in experiences to improve your well-being, ranging from yoga classes to help build inner strength and reduce stress to exciting outdoor trips and courses that encourage and develop leadership, teamwork, environmental stewardship, character development, and transferable life skills.
Whether it’s quenching your thirst for competition or providing an opportunity to build friendships with others who love the game, we offer extensive club and intramural programs year-round. Looking to improve your fitness level or struggling to negotiate your own workout routine? Consider our fitness programs, including our personal training or group fitness classes as a fun and social change of pace.
Explore our website or visit us on the Homewood campus to learn about the myriad offerings available. We look forward to becoming a vital part of your Johns Hopkins experience!
News & Announcements
Suddenly I Love Working Out?
STUDENT TESTIMONIAL: Discovering this [F45] workout at our very own Rec Center was not only the best thing I’ve done for my physical health this year, but also one of the best things I’ve done for my mental health.
Training, Certification & Continuing Education
The Rec serves many functions for students on the Homewood campus. It is a source of self-care and stress-relief, a hangout spot with friends, and a place of work for many.
Self Care During Finals
With finals quickly approaching, it is important to encourage your Blue Jay to make time to practice self-care. Personal well-being is often sacrificed to get in more hours of studying.
RISE@APL program puts aspiring engineers to work in APL internships
Applications for summer 2020 cohort will be accepted through March 31, 2020
Student team wins $5K at Collegiate Inventors Competition
Team Relavo wins runner-up prize for device designed to reduce infection rates during at-home kidney dialysis