Local Outdoor Resources
This page is intended to help guide you to your own local outdoor adventures!
We hope that you take advantage of all that we offer through the Outdoor Pursuits program and the Johns Hopkins Outdoors Club, but that you also get out and explore with your friends and family. Let us know how we can help!
Around the JHU Campus
- Did you know the Baltimore Museum of Art is on Campus?
- The Homewood and Evergreen Museums also offer some interesting events and programs.
- Explore Wyman Park Dell and Stony Run, both wonderful green spaces on the edge of campus.
Explore Baltimore City
- Visit Baltimore: The guide to everything Baltimore has to offer.
- Walk through history with National Park Service Walking Tours.
- Get your hiking shoes ready for the Gwynn Falls Trail, Lake Roland, Jones Falls, or Cylburn Arboretum.
- See everything Druid Hill Park has to offer including the Maryland Zoo!
- Get on the water with Downtown Sailing for a special view of Baltimore.
- If sports are your thing, get your Orange and Purple ready for our Orioles and Ravens!
- Check out Baltimore’s beautiful waterfront.
- Francis Scott Key would love you to see the view from Federal Hill and the history of Fort McHenry.
- Enjoy Patterson Park or one of the many Baltimore Green Spaces.
- On a budget? Check out the Free Events.
- Did you know the East Coast Greenway goes straight through Baltimore on it’s way from Maine to Florida?!
- Bike on the East Coast Greenway at the Jones Falls Trail or the Torrey C. Brown Rail Trail.
Venture Out of City Limits
- Get climbing at one of the many Earth Treks locations.
- Be outside in the nearby Gunpowder Falls State Park or Patapsco Valley State Park.
- Check out the National Mall or the many other sites of Washington D. C.
- Other great local National Parks include Great Falls National Park and Harpers Ferry National Historic Park.
- Here is your guide to all Maryland State Parks.
- Take a ride down Skyline Drive to see the views of Shenandoah National Park.
- Get on board with the trendy Stand Up Paddleboarding.
- Visit our beautiful state capital of Annapolis, MD.
- Visit a Maryland lake or Maryland beach. Check the quality of local waterways before you go swimming.
- Support your fellow JHU students and volunteer with the Center for Social Concern.
- Help Baltimore’s National Aquarium in its conservation efforts.
- Healthy Harbor is an initiative to make our harbor swimmable and fishable soon!
- Protect all of our waterways with Blue Water Baltimore.