Select O’Connor Recreation Center facilities are available for reservation. Rules and contact information vary by facility, so please carefully review the information below before inquiring about a reservation. Reservations for the Multipurpose Rooms and Meetings Rooms can only be made by Recreation and Well-Being, Athletics, University Departments, and Registered Student Organizations. Reservations requesting the use of the Multipurpose Rooms, Program Rooms, and/or Courts for one individual are not permitted and will be immediately rejected.
- Fees may be associated with facility reservations and are dependent on type/size of event, staffing needs, setup/breakdown, and equipment needs.
- There is no fee for members to reserve the racquetball and squash courts unless it is for an event.
O’Connor Recreation Center & Pool
- For information on reserving spaces within the Recreation Center or pool, please fill out the form at the bottom of the webpage or contact Maggie Heverly at 410-516-0962 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Spaces available for reservation include the Robert Scott Gym, racquetball/squash Courts (for events only), Evans Multipurpose Rooms, indoor track and pool.
Racquetball & Squash Courts
- Racquetball and squash courts can be reserved in-person at the Equipment Room located off of the lower lobby of the Recreation Center or by calling 410-516-4453.
- Reservations can only be made one day in advance and for one hour at a time.
- A court reservation is considered lost if one does not show up within ten (10) minutes of the reserved time.
Climbing Wall & Bouldering Cave
- For information on reserving the climbing wall or bouldering cave, please contact Andrew Padilla at 410-516-4416 or email@example.com.
White Athletic Center & Outdoor Fields
- For information on athletic facilities or outdoor spaces, please fill out the form at the bottom of the webpage.
- Spaces include the practice field, Auxiliary Gym, Athletic Center Lobby, Athletic Center Circle, and picnic area.
Equipment Room Check-Out Information and Policy
Equipment Available to Check-Out
- Men’s and women’s basketballs
- Squash & racquetball rackets, balls, and safety goggles
- Badminton rackets
- Tennis rackets
- Indoor & outdoor soccer balls
- Ab wheel
- Forearm roller
- Dip belt
- Any member with a valid membership status may check out equipment from the O’Connor Recreation Center.
- All members must present their valid membership card (J-Card, JHMI Card, or Recreation Center Card) at the time they wish to check out fitness equipment.
Equipment Check-Out Policy
- It is the responsibility of the member to ensure that all checked-out equipment is returned to the equipment room in the same condition that it was checked out in before the O’Connor Recreation Center closes that day.
- Members will be charged a fee* for all equipment that is reported to the Assistant Director – Facilities and Aquatics as broken or missing.
- If equipment is reported as missing or broken, the member will be contacted via email with a notice that they have five business days to return the equipment to the O’Connor Recreation Center before a fee will be added to their account.
- All members have five business days to pay the fee on their account for broken or missing equipment. If the member fails to pay the required fee within this time frame their membership may be suspended and/or the charge will be transferred to their student account.
- Only special equipment can be taken off of facility grounds as authorized by the Assistant Director – Facilities and Aquatics
- Un-returned or damaged equipment will result in a fine equal to the replacement cost of the equipment item
By presenting your membership card to check out fitness equipment you have agreed to this equipment check-out policy and are responsible for all damages and fee as a result of your use of the equipment.
Facility Reservation Request Form
Please review the Rec Center facility and field schedule before you request a reservation date.
*A reservation request will only be accepted by a recognized student organization or a university department. A completed reservation form should be submitted a minimum of two weeks in advance in order to receive full consideration. Other requests will be considered as space and time allow but must be received two business days in advance. Large-scale events need a minimum of four months’ notice, i.e. concerts, shows, etc. Submitting a facility request form does not guarantee a reservation. Please allow time for processing.