Join us for a great day of fly fishing! The day begins with instruction from our experienced trip staff. Then we go to the water and catch fish! No experience necessary.
- Obtain a Maryland Non-Tidal/Freshwater Fishing License prior to your trip
- Attend the pre-trip meeting. Your instructor will email you with pre-trip information.
- Complete all required paperwork (See ‘Forms and Waivers’)
- Meet the Essential Eligibility Criteria for the trip:
- Independently hold head upright without neck / head support
- Manage personal care independently or with assistance of a companion
- Manage personal mobility independently or with a reasonable amount of assistance
- Follow instructions and effectively communicate independently or with assistance of a companion
How to Register
Outdoor trips are open to anyone affiliated with Johns Hopkins University including Hopkins students, staff, and faculty.
To register for a trip please do the following:
- View the upcoming trips below and click the “register” button for your desired trip. Payment is accepted via cash, credit card or check and can be made online or in-person at the Experiential Education Base Camp behind the Ralph S. O’Connor Recreation Center on the Homewood Campus.
- After payment has been received and processed, you will receive a confirmation email. Attached to that email will include any forms you may have to fill out and return the Wednesday before you leave on your trip.
- Contact Experiential Education with any questions regarding your trip, registration information, payment options or with any concerns. We are open 4 to 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 2 to 5 p.m. Friday’s during the semester, and can be reached at 410-516-4417 or email@example.com.
- The week of your trip you will be notified by the instructors. Attend the mandatory pre-trip meeting the week of your trip to get the details on your trip. Your instructors will email you with the time, date and location of the meeting.
If you are not able to go on a trip, you may cancel no later than seven days prior to the date of your trip to receive a refund. If you do not cancel your spot a week before the date of your trip, you will not receive a refund. If a trip is canceled due to weather or any other unforeseen circumstances, you will be notified as soon as possible and will receive a full refund.
You will be able to purchase one participant spot per trip online. If you have a friend that wants to come along they will have to purchase their own spot. Please be considerate of others that may want to go on a trip and purchase what you know you will be able to attend.
- Transportation (you must take the provided JHU transportation)
- Activity-specific equipment
- Basic instruction and coaching
What’s Not Included
- Meals (unless it is an overnight trip)
- Personal clothing for the activity
Forms and Waivers
To participate in an outdoor trip you are required to complete a medical form and trip waiver.
Once your order is processed, you will receive an email with any necessary paperwork . Please download and print the required paperwork for your trip and return it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in-person at our office. Forms and waivers must be completed and returned by 5 p.m. EST on the Wednesday before your trip. After hours, please leave your paperwork in the office door dropbox. If you do not turn in your paperwork by 5 p.m. EST the Wednesday before your trip, you will be removed from the trip without a refund.
If you have already attended a trip this academic year you do not need to fill out a new medical form and instead need to stop by the Experiential Education Base Camp and resign your form, confirming that no information on your medical form has changed since last attending a trip. You must fill out a waiver for every type of trip you attend once a year.
What to Bring
- Synthetic T-shirt
- Synthetic shorts or pants
- Closed toed shoes (old sneakers work great)
- Waterproof jacket and pants
- Hat with brim
Additional Clothing (Cold Weather Trips)
- Long sleeve synthetic shirt
- Long underwear tops and bottoms
- Medium/Heavy weight wool or fleece sweater
- Wool Socks
- Pair of synthetic gloves (to help keep your hands warm)
- Wool hat or beanie
- Day pack or small backpack
- 2 one liter water bottles
- Sunscreen/lip balm
- Sunglasses with lanyard
- Extra glasses and/or contacts
- Medication in waterproof bags
- Camera (optional)
- Snacks, granola bars, cookies, etc.
- All fly fishing equipment
|4/14/2017||All||Patterson Park||$10 for KSAS/WSE Students
$25 Non-KSAS/WSE Students
|4/15/2017||All||Centennial Park||$15 for KSAS/WSE Students
$30 Non-KSAS/WSE Students
|4/23/2017||All||Gunpowder River||$15 for KSAS/WSE Students
$30 Non-KSAS/WSE Students