Frequently Asked Questions
Recreation and Well-Being FAQs
Currently we are in Phase 3 and the building is open and programming is in person. For most up to date information check out the Recreation and Well-Bering homepage
Phase 3 is the current phase but includes will be the next phase. Note, these are subject to change. Here is what will happen,
- Full capacity for programs and facility usage
- Equipment will spaced to allow for social distancing
- The locker rooms, climbing wall, and equipment room (small towels will be available) will be open
- New policy and waiver form every patron will have to read and sign digitally
- University wide masking and social distance policy in full effect while in the rec center. Masks are required everywhere expect while swimming.
- New signage, enhanced cleaning protocols during the day and overnight.
- Club Sports, Intramurals, and Experiential Education programming will be increased.
To minimize risk to the JHU community, the Rec Center will require members to show their Green Prodensity pass before accessing the facility. This pass displays compliance in health assessment and testing required by the university. We recognize that some of our membership categories do not have JHU credentials so the health assessment has been added to the check in process at the Rec.
JHU Rec Center Member Portal
Follow Me to the Rec App
- Facility Access: Reserve and Cancel Workout Time Slots
- Live Facility Counts
- Digital ID: barcode scanning for contactless entry if you forget your JHU ID
- Sign-up for push notifications (facility and class cancellations, program announcements, etc.)
- Group Fitness Class Registration
- Fill out your registration and waiver paperwork in the JHU Rec Center Member Web Portal. Everyone will have to do this your first time to activate your membership.
- Reserve a time slot through the Follow Me to the Rec App or JHU Rec Center Member portal.
- Due to the ongoing Renovation project, the Athletic Center entrance will serve as the temporary entrance to the Recreation Center. The welcome desk is now located next to the track overlooking the Robert Scott Gymnasium
- At the welcome desk, tap your J-Card or Follow Me to the Rec App barcode for entry. Display your “green” status in your Prodensity app
- Go to your reserved area, wipe down equipment.
- Please wipe down the equipment you used and exit the building.
In Phase 3, cardio and strength equipment, group exercise, pool lanes , and tennis courts will be available. Due to the Rec Center Expansion project the cardio and strength equipment as well as group exercise will be on the Rec Courts.
In Phase 2, no. You will make a reservation for either cardio or strength equipment and use that for the 45min. No swapping equipment during a reservation and no making multiple reservations for the same time slot.
There will be nine lanes available (one swimmer per lane) by reservation only. Reservations can be made on the Follow Me to Rec App and on the member portal. Swimmers must shower before entering the pool by using the showers in the Men and Women’s general locker rooms. Face coverings are required on the pool deck but not when actively swimming.
Anticipated completion date October 2021