The O’Connor Recreation Center pool houses various groups, activities and events such as varsity swimming, varsity water polo, recreational lap swimming, swim lessons, lifeguard classes, kayak clinics, club swimming, club water polo, and more.
- Six-lane, 25-yard lap lane pool with depths from 4 ft. 5.5 ft.
- 1,800-square-foot separated deep water well with depths 8 ft. to 13 ft.
- Temperature: 79o-81o F
- Ultraviolet light disinfection system
- Liquid chlorine sanitation
- Disability lift available for diving well
- Disability stair ladder available for lap lanes (requires 48-hour advanced notice)
General Pool Policies
- Recreational and lap swimming is available during lap swim hours only.
- Adhere to proper lap swim etiquette.
- Members are prohibited on the bulkhead between the lap pool and diving well.
- Running is prohibited.
- Horseplay is prohibited. This includes: dunking, chicken fights, splashing, pushing or any other behaviors deemed unsafe by Recreation Center staff.
- Diving is prohibited in the lap pool. This includes diving into the 5’6″ end of the pool. Diving is only permitted in the diving well.
- Persons with open sores, infection or contagious diseases are prohibited from the entering the pool.
- Proper swim wear (i.e. bathing suits) must be worn at all times. Cotton clothing including sweatshirts, t-shirts, sweat pants, gym shorts and jeans are prohibited. No “underwear” such as sports bras or compression shorts may be worn. Inappropriate attire damages our pumps and chemicals. Bathing Suits are designed to be quick-drying and are generally made from smooth polyester or nylon material. They are durable and hold up to wear from contact with pool chemicals.
- Glass, sharp metal objects or toys are prohibited on the pool deck, locker rooms, or hallway.
- Balls and inflatable toys are prohibited during lap and recreational swim.
- Kick boards, pull buoys, and aqua-jogging belts are intended for swimming aids and should not be used as flotation devices.
- Hanging on the lane lines is prohibited.
- Use of the starting platforms is prohibited during lap and recreation swim. Starting platforms are to be used only under the supervision of competitive swim team coaches; this includes both varsity and club teams.
- Food and drink (including gum chewing) are prohibited.
- Spitting or urination is prohibited.
- Prolonged underwater swimming or breath holding is prohibited.
- All Athletics and Recreation Center staff, including lifeguards, reserve the right to remove any member or guest from the pool if he/she exhibits behavior that is believed to be unsafe or inappropriate. Any user who elects to ignore staff requests regarding pool regulations will be subject to expulsion from the facility.
- It is recommended that members shower with soap prior to entering the pool.
- Members should exit the pool immediately if feeling uncomfortable, dizzy, fatigued and should report problems immediately to the lifeguard.
- Members should enter and exit cautiously using the stairs and the handrail to prevent slipping.
- For those who need assistance entering/exiting the pool there is an ADA-approved chair lift and step ladder. Please contact the Recreation Center Office if you require use of this equipment prior to your arrival to the facility.
Lighting/Sever Weather Policy
- At the first sound of thunder or the first sight of lightning, the lifeguards will close the pool
- The patrons must exit the pool area until 30 minutes after the last sound of thunder or the last sighting of lightning
- There has not been a documented case of lightning injuring a person in an indoor pool; however we take an extra precaution due to the age and design of our pool, which has pipe connections to the outdoors