Below you will find the answers to our most frequently asked questions. If you have additional questions, do not hesitate to reach out to us directly!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- The AMR II, Scott-Bates Commons and Wolman mail rooms can accept mail and packages beginning Monday, August 15th. Due to space limitations, all items sent prior to this date will be returned to sender.
- Returning students moving in on August 25th can begin having packages received on Monday, August 22nd.
- For approved early arriving athletes/special groups, the AMR II and Wolman mail rooms can accept mail and packages beginning Monday, August 8th.
The mail rooms will be open for Fall Move-in during the following dates and times:
- Friday, August 19th from 8:30am – 6:30pm
- Saturday, August 20th from 8:00am – 7:00pm
- Sunday, August 21st from 10:00am – 5:00pm
- Mon, August 22nd – Wed, August 24th from 10am – 5:30pm
- Thursday, August 25th from 8:00am – 7:00pm
- Friday, August 26th from 10:00am – 5:30pm
- Saturday, August 27th from 11:00am – 4:00pm
When a student receives a package, an email notification is sent to their JHU email account to invite them to pick it up from their designated mailroom.
Students will not receive any notification if they receive letter mail. Therefore, students are encouraged to regularly check their campus mailbox.
I received a notification from Amazon/a third party that my package was delivered. Is it ready for me to pick up?
Mail must be quickly processed by our mailroom before it is distributed to students. Please wait until you receive email confirmation from your designated mailroom to pick up your package.
After you receive an email notification from JHU Mail Services, visit your designated mailroom for your residence. The mail clerk will ask you to present your J-Card and sign for the package.
You will be issued a mailbox key from Housing Operations when you move into university housing, which will allow you to pick up any letter mail 24/7.
Please contact Housing Facilities to request a new mailbox key. There will be a $15 fee for the replacement key.
Yes, students may send outgoing mail/packages from the Wolman Mail Room during business hours.
Yes, students may purchase these items from the Wolman Mail Room.
Note: We accept J-Cash, personal checks, and money orders as methods of payment. If you choose to use a personal check as payment, the cost of mail services must be of a $5.00 value or greater. We do not accept cash, credit, or debit under any circumstances.
Yes, there is a $1 handling charge to send any package with a USPS, UPS, or FexEx Pre-Paid Shipping Label from a JHU mailroom. This fee must be paid in J-Cash.
If you are moving out of either the Bradford or Homewood Apartments, you MUST complete a Change of Address. You may be charged a small fee of $1 to complete this process.
If you are moving out of the Wolman, McCoy, Rogers House, or the AMRs, you will NOT be able to complete a Change of Address through the United States Postal Service (USPS). You MUST contact ALL friends and family, as well as update any online accounts (Amazon, etc.) you may hold, and be sure everyone is aware of your updated address.
Packages and mail sent to your on-campus address after you have moved out will be considered undeliverable as addressed and returned to the sender.