Resources for Current Residents

Lockout Procedures


  • 8:30AM – 5:00PM … visit Housing Facilities in Wolman Hall
  • 5:00PM – 8:00PM … contact Campus Safety & Security at (410) 516-4600
  • 8:00PM – 2:00AM … contact the RA on duty (contact information is posted in the residence halls)
  • 2:00AM – 8:30AM … contact Campus Safety & Security at (410) 516-4600


  • 8:00PM – 2:00AM … contact their RA or the RA on duty; if unsuccessful, contact Campus Safety & Security at (410) 516-4600
  • 2:00AM – 8:00PM … contact Campus Safety & Security at (410) 516-4600

Any assistance from any University employee in regaining access (including Housing Staff, Resident Advisors, and Security) will be maintained as record concerning the occurrence. Should there be as many as three occurrences, subsequent lockouts will result in a $20.00 excessive lock out fine for each additional incidence being charged to your student account. This count is reset at the start of each academic year.

Lost/stolen Keys/J-Cards

If you lose your keys resulting in a lock change, a standard lock change fee of $125.00 will apply and a record will be maintained concerning the occurrence. Should there be a second occurrence, a repeat lock change fee of $125.00 will apply and a meeting will be scheduled with a Residence Director. Lost mailbox keys will have a $15.00 charge applied to the student account.

Residents who have lost their J-Card should notify the University immediately to prevent unauthorized access to their account as well as University buildings. Students can disable their J-Card under “Card Management” in the eAccounts App (iTunes + Play Store).

To report your lost J-Card, contact the offices below and be sure to mention that you live on campus:


J-Card Services
(410) 516-5121
[email protected]

Housing Facilities
(410) 516-7962
[email protected]

Campus Safety & Security
after 5PM
(410) 516-4600


Campus Safety & Security
(410) 516-4600

J-Card Services, located in Levering Hall, Suite 04B (South wing), handles requests for replacement J-Cards. There is a $20 replacement fee, payable by credit card or J-Cash.

J-Card Services Office Hours
Monday-Friday: 8:30AM-4:30PM
Closed for lunch from 1PM-2PM

If you are unable to use the eAccounts app, please follow the steps below:

  • Weekdays, 8:30AM – 5PM: visit Housing Facilities to sign out a loaner access card.
  • After 5PM/weekends/holidays: contact Campus Safety & Security at (410) 516-4600 to gain access. Follow-up with J-Card Services + Housing Facilities the next business day.

Maintenance Requests

A full staff of maintenance and custodial employees are assigned to keep the residence halls clean and well maintained. Maintenance work is prioritized so that emergency and urgent work will be accomplished first; consequently, the wait for minor repairs may be longer, especially in the busy months of September and October. When possible, it is important that you report problems early in the day in order to maximize response time.

  • Monday through Friday, 8:30AM – 5PM, custodial & emergency maintenance requests should be called into Housing Facilities at (410) 516-7962.
  • Monday through Friday after 5PM + on weekends/ holidays, custodial & emergency maintenance requests should be called to Campus Safety & Security at (410) 516-4600.
  • Non-emergency requests should be called in or emailed to Housing Facilities ([email protected]) or can be submitted online, here.

Current Facilities Work

The latest information about ongoing facilities and maintenance work in the residence halls is now shared on our website. If you have any questions about the list of current work, please contact Housing Facilities at 410-516-7962 or [email protected].

Proof of Campus Residency

Students who have been asked to provide proof of residency can print/save their letter directly from the Housing Portal. Typically, students will need this letter when applying for the following:

Follow the steps below to navigate to your proof of residency letter:

  1. Log into the Housing Portal
  2. Click the menu button (three horizontal lines)
  3. Select “My Housing”
  4. Click on the “Proof of Residency” button toward the bottom of the page.