Schedule an Appointment
The Pre-Professional Advising Office provides 30-minute Zoom advising appointments for full-time undergraduates, graduate students, and alumni of the Krieger School of Arts & Sciences and Whiting School of Engineering who are seeking careers in healthcare or law. More information on who we serve can be found on our website.
- To schedule an appointment, please visit Handshake.
- You may schedule one appointment every four weeks.
- You will receive a confirmation email from Pre-Professional Advising with a Zoom link one-business day prior to your appointment.
- If you are more than 15 minutes late to your Zoom appointment, your appointment will be cancelled and you will need to reschedule for another date. Please log in on time.
- Ms. Cullum advises pre-medical, pre-dental, and pre-health students, alumni and pre-law.
- Ms. Campbell advises pre-medical, pre-dental, and pre-health students, alumni and pre-law.
- Ms. Snydman advises pre-medical, pre-dental, and pre-health students, alumni and pre-law.
In order to be eligible to receive a Committee Letter when you apply to medical or dental school, you must have a record of advising through the office. Find more information about Committee Letter eligibility requirements.
- All freshmen and sophomores interested in the health professions (pre-med, pre-dental, physician assistant, nursing, etc.) are required to attend a Pre-Health 101 meeting prior to making their first individual appointment with an advisor. These 45-minute small group sessions are offered in the fall and spring semesters, and focus on the qualities and requirements of pre-health students.
- Freshmen and sophomores receive Pre-Health 101 registration information at the beginning of every semester. They can also find information via Handshake “Events.”
- Sophomores who previously attended Pre-Health 101 are not required to attend another Pre-Health 101 session, and can schedule an individual advising appointment at any time.
- Juniors, seniors, all transfers, and alumni are not required to attend Pre-Health 101, and can schedule an individual advising appointment at any time.
- Students should be aware that all sessions are currently being held via Zoom, which records length of time viewing a session. Attendance is expected for the duration of the program, and students will be contacted via email if they do not attend the entire program.
Virtual Drop-In Advising
Pre-Professional Advising’s virtual drop-ins are:
- Offered on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 12 to 1 pm.
- Available during the academic year, including Intersession (excluding summer).
- Intended for quick questions that do not exceed 10 minutes per person.
- Conducted via Zoom.
- You will be placed in a waiting room until an advisor admits you to the appointment.
- If you are in the waiting room, we will not be able to tell you how long your wait will be, so please be patient with us during that time.
- If there are a large number of people in the waiting room, we cannot guarantee you will be seen that day.
- If you are unable to wait, you can return to drop-ins on a different day, email your question to email@example.com, or make an individual advising appointment.
To access the Zoom link, please log-in to your Handshake account, click on the “Events” link, and search for Homewood: Pre-Professional Drop Ins.
You may only schedule one appointment at a time, and you may not schedule appointments with more than one advisor in the office to ask the same or similar questions. If we notice that you have scheduled multiple appointments with different advisors within a few weeks of each other, we will contact you to cancel one or more appointments.
If you have questions or challenges scheduling an appointment, please call the Pre-Professional Office at 410-516-4140 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.