Schedule an Appointment
The Pre-Professional Office provides 30-minute advising appointments for full-time undergrads, graduates, and alumni of the Krieger School of Arts & Sciences and Whiting School of Engineering who are seeking careers in healthcare or law.
- Appointments can be scheduled up to one month in advance. (This means that advisor appointment slots will only appear for up to four weeks ahead).
- You may only schedule ONE appointment at a time.
- You may only schedule ONE appointment every FOUR weeks.
- If you arrive more than 15 minutes late to a pre-professional advising appointment, your appointment will be canceled. Please arrive on time.
All appointments are made through our online scheduling system, Appointment Plus. It is very convenient and easy to use.
To schedule an appointment, please click on this link: APPOINTMENT PLUS
THE PRE-PROFESSIONAL ADVISORS
- Ms. Johnson, JD, is the Director of the Office. She advises all premedical students, including current students and transfer students, as well as alumni. She also advises students in the JUMP program.
- Ms. Droscoski, JD, is the Associate Director who advises pre-law, pre-medical, and pre-dental students and alumni.
- Ms. Snydman, MS, is an Assistant Director who advises all premedical students, including current students and transfer students, as well as alumni.
- Ms. Jensen, MA, is an Assistant Director who advises all premedical students, including current students and transfer students, as well as alumni. In addition, she specializes in advising students interested in an array of health professions including nursing, physician assistant, veterinary medicine, optometry, pharmacy, and naturopathic medicine, among others. She also advises students in the JUMP program.
It is very important that you develop a relationship with at least one advisor in the Office. In fact, in order to be eligible to eventually receive a Committee Letter when you apply to medical or dental school, you must have a record of advising through the office. Find more information about Committee Letter eligibility requirements.
You only need to create an Appointment Plus applicant account once. Do not create more than one account. Appointments can be scheduled ONLY up to one month in advance. New slots open up at the beginning of each week. You may only schedule ONE appointment at a time. When you schedule an appointment, you are asked to complete a brief set of questions and indicate what you are planning to discuss during your appointment.
PRE-HEALTH 101 GROUP MEETINGS
- All freshmen and sophomores interested in the health professions (pre-med, pre-dental, physician assistant, nursing, etc.) are required to attend a Pre-Health 101 meeting prior to making their first individual appointment with an advisor. These 45-minute small group sessions are offered September through April and focus on the qualities and requirements of pre-health students and provide an opportunity for questions and answers.
- Sophomores who previously attended Pre-Health 101 during academic year 2017-2018 are not required to attend another Pre-Health 101 session, and can schedule an individual advising appointment at any time.
- Juniors, seniors, transfers, and alumni are not required to attend Pre-Health 101, and can schedule an individual advising appointment at any time.
- To attend Pre-Health 101, choose a date and time under “Event Registration” on Appointment Plus. You must be registered to attend.
- If you arrive more than 10 minutes late to a Pre-Health 101 meeting, you will not be permitted to enter the meeting. Please arrive on time.
Pre-professional walk-in advising hours are for upperclassmen, as well as freshmen and sophomores who have already completed Pre-Health 101. During walk-ins you can stop by to get quick questions answered by a pre-professional advisor. Walk-in hours are Monday-Thursday from 12:00-1:00 PM.
You may not schedule appointments with more than one advisor in the office to ask the same or similar questions. If we notice that you have scheduled multiple appointments with different advisors within a few weeks of each other, we will contact you to cancel one or more appointments.
If you have questions or challenges scheduling an appointment, please call the Pre-Professional Office at 410-516-4140 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.