Schedule an Appointment
The Pre-Professional Office provides 30 minute advising appointments for full-time undergrads, graduates, and alumni of the Krieger School of Arts & Sciences and Whiting School of Engineering who are seeking careers in healthcare or law.
- Appointments can be scheduled up to one month in advance. (this means that appointments slots with advisors will only appear for up to four weeks ahead).
- You may only schedule ONE appointment at a time.
- You may only schedule ONE appointment every FOUR weeks.
All appointments are made through our online scheduling system, Appointment Plus. It is very convenient and easy to use. To schedule an appointment, please click on this link:
THE PRE-PROFESSIONAL ADVISORS
- Ms. Johnson is the Director of the Office, and she advises juniors, seniors, and alumni as they prepare for and embark on the process of applying to medical school.
- Ms. Droscoski is the Associate Director, a New York State licensed attorney, who advises both pre-law, pre-medical, and pre-dental students. Ms. Droscoski also advises students with a specialty interest in dentistry.
- Ms. Snydman is an Assistant Director who advises pre-medical students (including transfers), alumni, and applicants throughout the medical school application cycle.
- Ms. Jensen is an Assistant Director who advises pre-medical students and, in addition, specializes in advising students interested in an array of health professions including nursing, physician assistant, veterinary medicine, optometry, pharmacy, and naturopathic medicine, among others. She also advises students in the JUMP program as well as incoming transfer students.
It is very important that you develop a relationship with at least one advisor in the Office. In fact, in order to be eligible to eventually receive a Committee Letter when you apply to medical or dental school, you must have a record of advising through the office.
You only need to create an applicant account once. Do not create more than one account. Appointments can be scheduled ONLY up to one month in advance. Slots open up at the beginning of each week. You may only schedule ONE appointment at a time. When you schedule an appointment, you are asked to complete a brief set of questions and indicate what you are planning to discuss during your appointment.
FIRST-YEAR GROUP MEETINGS
All first-year students interested in the health professions (pre-med, pre-dental, physician assistant, nursing, etc.) are required to attend a First-Year Group Meeting prior to making an individual appointment with an advisor. These 45-minute, small group sessions are offered September through April and focus on the qualities and requirements of pre-health students and provide an opportunity for questions and answers. To attend a First-Year Group Meeting, choose a date and time under “Event Registration.” You must be registered to attend.
You may not schedule appointments with more than one advisor in the office to ask the same or similar questions. If we notice that you have scheduled multiple appointments with different advisors within a few weeks of each other, we will contact you to cancel one or more appointments.
If you have questions or problems scheduling an appointment, please call the Pre-Professional Office at 410-516-4140 or email email@example.com.