Schedule an Appointment
The Pre-Professional Office provides 30 minute advising appointments for full-time undergrads, graduates, and alumni of the Krieger School of Arts & Sciences and Whiting School of Engineering who are seeking careers in healthcare or law. We also offer one-time advising appointments to JHU graduate students who did not obtain their undergraduate degrees from Hopkins.
- Appointments can be scheduled up to one month in advance. (this means that appointments slots with advisors will only appear for up to four weeks ahead).
- You may only schedule ONE appointment at a time.
- You may only schedule ONE appointment every FOUR weeks.
All appointments are made through our online scheduling system, Appointment Plus. It is very convenient and easy to use. To schedule an appointment, please click on this link:
THE PRE-PROFESSIONAL ADVISORS
- Ms. Johnson is the Director of the Office, and she advises juniors, seniors, and alumni as they prepare for and embark on the process of applying to medical school.
- Ms. Droscoski is the Associate Director, a New York State licensed attorney, who advises both pre-law, pre-medical, and pre-dental students. Ms. Droscoski also advises students with a specialty interest in dentistry.
- Ms. Snydman is an Assistant Director who advises pre-medical students (including transfers), alumni, and applicants throughout the medical school application cycle.
- Ms. Jensen is an Assistant Director who advises pre-medical students and, in addition, specializes in advising students interested in an array of health professions including nursing, physician assistant, veterinary medicine, optometry, pharmacy, and naturopathic medicine, among others. She also advises students in the JUMP program as well as incoming transfer students.
It is very important that you develop a relationship with at least one advisor in the Office. In fact, in order to be eligible to eventually receive a Committee Letter when you apply to medical or dental school, you must have a record of advising through the office.
You only need to create an applicant account once. Do not create more than one account. Appointments can be scheduled ONLY up to one month in advance. Slots open up at the beginning of each week. You may only schedule ONE appointment at a time. When you schedule an appointment, you are asked to complete a brief set of questions and indicate what you are planning to discuss during your appointment.
FRESHMEN GROUP MEETINGS
All freshmen interested in the health professions (pre-med, pre-dental, physician assistant, nursing, etc.) are required to attend a Freshman Group Meeting prior to making an individual appointment with an advisor. These 45-minute, small group sessions are offered September through April and focus on the qualities and requirements of pre-health students and provide an opportunity for questions and answers. To attend a Freshman Group Meeting, choose a date and time under “Event Registration.” You must be registered to attend.
FRESHMEN/SOPHOMORE WALK-IN ADVISING
Beginning Monday, March 6, and continuing for the remainder of the semester, all freshmen and sophomores will meet with Pre-Professional advisors during walk-in hours.
Please know that all student questions and concerns are very important to us. Walk-in hours enable Pre-Professional advisors to meet with a good number of freshmen and sophomores per day – more than we could accommodate via individual appointments. Our walk-in hours are intended to give underclassmen the opportunity to meet with an advisor to have their questions answered right away rather than waiting to discuss them in an individual appointment.
The Walk-in Schedule
Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays: 12:00-1:00 PM; and 3:30-4:30 PM
Wednesdays: 3:30-4:30 PM
Fridays: 12:00-1:00 PM
* You must sign-up for a walk-in in person. Sign-up begins 15 minutes prior to the start of the walk-in hour (11:45 AM for walk-ins that begin at 12:00 noon; 3:15 PM for walk-ins that begin at 3:30).
* Students will be seen on a first come, first served basis. If you are not present when your name is called, you will forfeit your spot and the advisor on duty will move on to the next person on the list.
* Please keep in mind that walk-in meetings will be limited to a maximum of 10 minutes per student.
You may not schedule appointments with more than one advisor in the office to ask the same or similar questions. If we notice that you have scheduled multiple appointments with different advisors within a few weeks of each other, we will contact you to cancel one or more appointments.
If you have questions or problems scheduling an appointment, please call the Pre-Professional Office at 410-516-4140 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.