Sponsors for Educational Opportunity (SEO) Corporate Law Program is a summer internship program for talented college seniors and recent graduates of color leading to full-time job offers. Interns observe and experience first-hand the day-to-day duties and responsibilities of corporate attorneys at some of the nation’s most prestigious firms. Interns are introduced to partners, associates, in-house counsel and other accomplished members of the Bar during receptions hosted by SEO’s partner firms.
Long Term Opportunities (Full-Time, Post-Graduation)
Many law firms offer formal paralegal/legal assistant programs for recent college graduates. Generally, the programs are for a two-year term, include orientation/training, and assignment to a specific department. For those interested in these programs and working at a law firm upon graduation—many of which are located in DC or NYC—be sure to take a look at the links listed below:
- Arnold & Porter
- Clearly Gottlieb: At the header of the site, click on “Career,” then “Paralegal,” and then select your geographic location of choice.
- Akin Gump: Click on the “Paralegal” links
- Davis Polk
- Holland & Knight LLP: Search “Professional Staff Positions”
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Mintz, Levin
- Morgan, Lewis: search “Professional Staff”
- Paul, Weiss
- Shearman & Sterling LLP: click the link for current opportunities, and then search for “Legal Assistant” positions
- Sidley Austin: click the “professional and support staff” link
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden: click the “professional staff” link, and view opportunities for Legal Assistants
- Sullivan & Cromwell
- Wachtell Lipton
- White & Case LLP
- Willkie: scroll down for “Paralegals” information
This is just a sampling of firms that hire recent graduates; be sure to conduct additional research on your own. Also, note that these firms may have offices in additional cities. Use the above firm websites as a starting point to come up with a list of firms in your preferred city!