Pre-Health and Pre-Law Forms
- The Word Document: veCollect Registration Form is used by pre-health students to collect letters of recommendation for application to medical and dental schools. For complete instructions on veCollect, please reference veCollect Instructions on the Pre-Professional Advising website.
- If you are applying to post-bac/master’s programs to enhance your academic record after not gaining acceptance to medical or dental school, the Pre-Professional Office can forward your entire Committee Letter packet to the post-bac/master’s degree programs of your choosing. Please follow the directions in the Word Document: Post-Bac/Master’s Letters of Evaluation form.
Please note that letters of evaluation stored in veCollect can only be utilized for the express purpose of applying to medical or dental schools. Requests to forward letters of evaluation stored in veCollect to scholarships, jobs, internships, master’s or PhD programs, or for any other purpose unrelated to applying for medical/dental school will be denied.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact Pre-Professional Advising at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-516-4140.
The Word Document: Dean’s Report is one of three items required on file before the Pre-Law Advisor can complete one or more law school Dean’s Certification Forms. Completed Law Professions Questionnaires (below) and current JHU transcript are the other 2 requirements. The Dean’s Report is an internal document for use by this office only; Dean’s Certification Forms are external documents created and required by certain individual law schools at various stages of the application and admission process. Complete and forward the Dean’s Report to the Director of Student Conduct who will indicate whether you have an ethical or disciplinary violation of record with JHU. The Director of Student Conduct will forward the completed Dean’s Report form to the Pre-Law Advisor who will complete and forward the Dean’s Certification Forms to the law school(s).
Law Professions Questionnaire
The PDF Document: Law Professions Questionnaire is are designed to allow the Pre-Law Advisor to best advise pre-law students toward their career goals. All pre-law students should complete the Law Professions Questionnaire prior to their first appointment or soon thereafter.
- Word Document: Uncovered Grades Request Form: First semester grades may only be uncovered if an official letter or email from the institution is forwarded directly to the Director of Pre-Professional Advising stating that you are precluded from consideration or your candidacy is critically harmed because of the covered grades. See an advisor in Pre-Professional Advising about this process.
- PDF Document: Sample Premed Resume: Pre-health students are encouraged to prepare a resume that, over time, includes experiences and activities pertaining to academic achievement, research, medically related experience, community service, and other extracurricular activities.
- Word Document: Pre-Prof Advisor Letter of Recommendation Form: this form is only used when the pre-prof advisor has agreed to write a letter on your behalf for a particular school or program.