Applying to Texas Medical Schools
What is the TMDSAS?
The Texas Medical and Dental Schools Application Service (TMDSAS) is the centralized application processing service for applicants to entering classes at all state-supported public medical, dental and veterinary schools in the state of Texas. TMDSAS simplifies the application process for both the applicants and the participating schools. They provide one standardized application, relieving students of the need to complete a separate application for each of the participating schools. TMDSAS serves as an information clearinghouse. It does not influence the schools’ review of the application or their selection of applicants to interview and accept.
If you have a specific question about the TMDSAS, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-499-4785.
Which schools use the TMDSAS?
- Long School of Medicine, UT Health San Antonio
- McGovern Medical School
- Sam Houston State University, College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Texas A&M University College of Medicine
- Texas Tech University Health Science Center School of Medicine
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso Paul L. Foster School of Medicine
- The UT at Austin, Dell Medical School
- The UT Southwestern Medical School
- The UT Medical Branch at Galveston
- The UT Rio Grande Valley School of Medicine
- University of Houston, College of Medicine
- University of North Texas Health Science Center – Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Texas A&M University College of Dentistry
- Texas Tech University Woody L. Hunt School of Dental Medicine
- UT Health School of Dentistry at Houston
- UT Health San Antonio School of Dentistry
- Texas A&M College of Veterinary Medicine
- Texas Tech University School of Veterinary Medicine
What are the application deadlines?
May 1: Application opens
August 1: Early Decision Program (EDP) application deadline
September 15: EDP letters, transcripts, and test scores due
October 15: Medical schools begin extending offers of acceptance
October 30: Medical, Dental application deadline
November 15: Letters of evaluation deadline
December 15: Dental schools begin extending offers of acceptance
February 19: Ranking of School Preference submission deadline
March 5: Match results announced and rolling admissions period begins
April 30: Applicants with multiple offers must decide which program to attend and withdraw from other schools
For a complete timeline, please visit the TMDSAS website.
Often times, Hopkins applicants who are residents of Texas apply to TMDSAS, as well as AMCAS, AACOMAS, and/or AADSAS. Although anyone can apply to TMDSAS schools, the majority of their applicants—and acceptances—are residents of Texas. If you choose to apply to TMDSAS, you should be able to articulate why you are a good fit for that school, community, and population.