Before Applying Discuss Your Reapplication
Before you make the decision to reapply, it is important to discuss the issues that contributed to the results of your previous application with one or more of the advisors in Pre-Professional Programs and Advising. Prior to your appointment, please consider the following questions:
- Were your cumulative GPA and science GPA competitive? Have you taken additional undergraduate or graduate coursework to supplement your current academic record?
- Was your MCAT competitive? Will you have taken a new MCAT and will you be able to have it introduced at a early point in the application process?
- Have you continued patient-related experiences and/or community service involvements to continue to demonstrate your passion for a healthcare career?
The Timing of Your Re-Application
If you have decided to reapply for admission to health professions school, the timing of your application submission will depend on in which of the following categories you belong:
- Are you an applicant in the current application cycle and not on any waitlist? In this case, you are best advised to reapply as early as possible in coming application cycle (i.e., during June).
- Were you an applicant in an earlier application cycle? In this case, you are best advised to apply as early as possible in coming application cycle (i.e., during June).
- Are you an applicant in the current application cycle and on one or more waitlists? In this case, you may consider delaying your reapplication slightly (in case you receive an acceptance.)
Due to the importance of applying early, it is strongly recommended that all reapplicants,including those on waitlists, apply by mid-July. It has been our experience that reapplicants who submit their application materials early in the application cycle are more competitive for acceptance to medical school.
What is the PDF Document: best handout for reapplicants? See the one developed by Kate Fukawa-Connelly, Director of Health Professions Advising at Princeton University.
Advice for reapplicants from medical schools? See,